About Me

London, United Kingdom
Guy, early 40s, living in London but travelling to Budapest for Invisalign treatment

Sunday 29 July 2007

A Small Step Forward

Part of my Invisalign plan since day one was the small ledge behind my front upper teeth. This was created by four bulges in the upper aligner behind the four upper front teeth and the idea was that the lower teeth would sit on the ledge and take pressure to move down rather than backwards and so close the overbite. The problem was that it always felt more comfortable to close my jaws more completely with the lower teeth further back and higher up, so that's what happened, especially at night. But now my teeth have moved around enough that it actually feels more comfortable to rest the lower teeth on the ledge. So I hope that this will speed up the closing of the overbite by putting more downward pressure on the lower front teeth, but also by changing the extension and angle of the interarch elastics to pull the lower molars up.

Otherwise I am not sure how things are going. Some mornings the problem teeth look to be fitting well into the alingers, other mornings I can see clear gaps between the teeth and the aligner. I had no idea teeth could move around so much on a day-to-day basis. Or maybe I am becoming obsessed with my teeth and am imagining it!

No comments: