About Me

London, United Kingdom
Guy, early 40s, living in London but travelling to Budapest for Invisalign treatment

Monday 18 September 2006

Third Visit

I am now on my fourth set of aligners with no real problem other than one of the ledge-like attachments has fallen off. I do not recall this happening so I have probably swallowed it. Dr H's assistant refixes the attachment. Then Dr H drops a small bombshell - he is leaving the practice and starting up his own. He asks if I want to transfer my case to his new practice. I am happy to do so, even if I have not been given a lot of choice.

Another small piece of drama - to accommodate the attachment, small apertures have to be made to the aligners. Previously, Dr H has down this with a dental implement. On returning home, I realise he has forgotten to do this to the new sets. I let him know by email and he agrees to let me have a go myself. I am very nervous doing this, but it turns out nail scissors can be just as effective as othodontic appliances and I am pretty proud of the result.

No comments: